6.7L  Cummins Forum

6.7L Cummins Forum

Go Back   6.7L Cummins Forum > Dodge Cummins Stuff > Dodge Ram/Cummins News
Home Forums Photo Gallery Members List Calendar
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Dodge Ram/Cummins News Both Corporate and Truck Related News

Welcome to the 6.7L Cummins Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2014, 08:50 AM

Default latest recall experience

I went in for the tie rod recall and the service mgr came out into the lot,looked under the truck and said "you're fine". That was it. Has this been the experience of other people also? I did make them print out a slip to show they had checked it out but according to them its not a wear problem but the way a link was attached on some trucks.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:04 PM

I just called in and they are gonna swap mine out

EPA (Economy Poisoning Agency)
Old 01-18-2014, 02:01 PM

That's what they said the first time I called about Christmas time but now two different dealers said they have to inspect it first which amounts to looking under it in the lot.
On another topic , truck said 80% dpf full yesterday so I left town and drove 9 miles and it said regeneration complete.
So how much time do I have between the first warning and limp mode? Also I have had the truck since last May and this is the first time it has done regen like that, I do have the egr unplugged does that affect how often it happens? thanks for any insight.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:49 AM

I got the recall about 2 years ago and the dealer did the same thing came out looked at it and said good to go. I have a feeling this will be the same case this time because I have just over 30k on the truck.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:30 PM

Was replaced 2 years ago made appointment Monday for 2nd recall.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:53 PM

Default eugene900

They posted the recall went to have it done they said that the recalled parts they just replaced was being recalled. If you got the recall letter it doesn't mater if he looked at it. It says it has been recalled for a safety reason so make them replace it. You don't wont to be running the road an your tires go in different directions.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:34 AM

If you have the old style steering linkage used until mid '08, there is no need for anything but a visual inspection. If the linkage was "upgraded" or your truck is factory equipped with the new style linkage replacement parts are in order. The new style linkage has a clamp on steering stabilizer. The old style has a bolt through stabilizer design.
2007 Ram 2500 QC 4x4 SLT TRX4-Offroad 6.7L Automatic full deletes 4" TBE XRT Pro Gauges Pusher intake manifold & tube S&B with scoop. '13 Jeep GC Laredo 5.7 - wife's DD. '98 Jeep XJ-my wife's former DD. 1965 Dodge Polara 880 Convertible 383 Automatic.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:05 PM

Default Tie Rod Recall

My First issue with the Tie Rod was it actually broke. The good thing was that I was just pulling away from a curb when it broke, so no major damage. since then I have received two recall for the same part. They told me that they hand to measure something and that would determine if it needed to be replaced. Both times it was replaced. The last one was some time in February because they had to order it which took almost a month.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:30 AM
Head Flunky

I too had one break and replaced it myself. I also saw a guy in a parking lot lose his. It's amazing that lots of people haven't been killed when you think about it.

2007.5 Dodge Ram 3500 HD,QC, 6.7L Cummins, 6speed Auto, 4X4, Bighorn Edition.
Click for installs: Carr Steps PML Diff Cover Edge Juice with Attitude Volant Intake Hankook ATM RF10
Old 07-14-2014, 10:05 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Harried Harry

I have on '08 2500. I took it in when the first recall notice came out. The Dodge service manager looked and told me it didn't need to be repaired. This was in January. I April, I replaced the tires since they were starting to crack on the sides. At 58,000~ miles, I figured it was time. I installed Michelins, then took it for an alignment. In May (500 miles later) I took it to my regular mechanic to change the radiator fluid and do an oil change. He checked the front end while he was under the truck and found only two threads were holding the tie rod on. I told him to replace it with MOOG; he ended up replacing both tie rods and the cross link. All were bad. Two weeks ago Dodge sent me a recall for the steering assembly. Since its already replaced, I will send Dodge the documents for the cost of replacing all the front end. Hopefully, they will reimburse me for all the expenses.

I talked to my mechanic about a strange vibration I get on the steering wheel. He says it's the power steering unit. Has anyone had any issues with the power steering? If yes, what did you do to resolve the problem?
Links