6.7L  Cummins Forum

6.7L Cummins Forum

Go Back   6.7L Cummins Forum > Dodge Cummins Stuff > Dodge Ram/Cummins News
Home Forums Photo Gallery Members List Calendar
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Dodge Ram/Cummins News Both Corporate and Truck Related News

Welcome to the 6.7L Cummins Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2012, 09:17 PM
Head Flunky

Default 2012 Ram Power Wagon Review

Well guys they made me an offer I couldn't refuse and am now driving a 2012 Ram Power Wagon Laramie with the 5.7L and I've kept the 3500.

They've really changed the exterior and also refined the interior of the trucks and other then the 82 Collectors Edition Corvette I've never owned a LUXURY type vehicle before and I've got to admit to being just a little embarrassed driving around in this truck because it's nicer then my house.

I already used it to retrieve a Cow that couldn't handle the heat and man is this a true offroad vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails
2012-ram-power-wagon-review-img_4994.jpg   2012-ram-power-wagon-review-img_4952.jpg   2012-ram-power-wagon-review-img_4953.jpg   2012-ram-power-wagon-review-img_4955.jpg   2012-ram-power-wagon-review-img_4957.jpg   2012-ram-power-wagon-review-img_4958.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf WindowSticker.pdf (83.9 KB, 50 views)

2007.5 Dodge Ram 3500 HD,QC, 6.7L Cummins, 6speed Auto, 4X4, Bighorn Edition.
Click for installs: Carr Steps PML Diff Cover Edge Juice with Attitude Volant Intake Hankook ATM RF10
Links
Old 07-24-2012, 09:17 PM
Head Flunky

Here's some more.
Attached Thumbnails
2012-ram-power-wagon-review-img_4960.jpg   2012-ram-power-wagon-review-img_4962.jpg   2012-ram-power-wagon-review-img_4963.jpg   2012-ram-power-wagon-review-img_4970.jpg   2012-ram-power-wagon-review-img_4981.jpg   2012-ram-power-wagon-review-img_4991.jpg   2012-ram-power-wagon-review-img_4987.jpg  

Click for installs: Carr Steps PML Diff Cover Edge Juice with Attitude Volant Intake Hankook ATM RF10
Old 07-25-2012, 09:21 AM

Awsome, Congratulation
Old 07-26-2012, 01:59 PM

Congradulations. It brought back menories of my dads old '75 power wangon .
Old 07-26-2012, 07:11 PM

Squid
That is some sweet machine. I would be afraid to sit in it for fear of gettin it dirty. That whole dashboard looks pretty cosmic. You are likely to spend a week just figuring out the buttons.
Congrats!!
Old 07-30-2012, 09:21 PM
Head Flunky

Thanks Guys. Since the 1 ton is paid off we were all set to get a 2500 Cummins powered Megacab, have the 8 foot bed installed and relegate the 1 ton to heavy jobs like all the water we're hauling to try and keep the livestock alive but after seeing this truck I just couldn't get it out of my head.

Like Animal hauler wrote, I too am not sure if it was more of an emotional thing also having seen the 70's Power wagon as a kid come down our street leaving all us kids with our mouths dropped open, all the gadgets, or the look, but when the General Manager (5th vehicle from this motor group) called and said they'd let me have it for 42 including the $990 destination fee it was a done deal. (That's what I paid for the 1 ton 5 years ago).

I didn't really think I'd be able to go back to a gas powered truck but the gearing with the 66RFE Transmission which is the little brother of the 68RFE in our Cummins 6.7L trucks is spot on and the shifts are silky smooth with none of the head snap associated with other Gasoline Powered trucks like the Nissan Titan we had at WOT even though they say the Power wagon will do 0 to 60 in 7 seconds.

The bad part of this setup which works very well for offroad and towing is the truck will never get 20MPG. I just ran my first tank full and by dividing the mileage as read from trip 1 by the number of gallons it took to fill the truck I got 13.4 MPG which isn't bad for just over 500 miles on the truck with a solid axle front differential.

The good like I wrote is I had to go down a dry creek bed to retrieve a deceased cow that couldn't handle the heat and the locking front and rear differential along with the sway bar disconnect worked like a champ and I was able to get a strap around the legs of the big girl and winch her out of the brush.

I admit to not being an Audiophile but to my ears the 430N Alpine Nav/Stereo unit in this truck is the best OEM sound system I've ever heard and it was really nice to be able to download my whole Itunes library onto the hard disk and leave the Ipod at home.

Hmmmmmm, after reading this back I'm now thinking that the desire for the Cummins Powered Mega Cab may have been the more emotional desire and this truck may actually be more practical..............but then again that's easy to say when you still have a Cummins 6.7L truck sitting in the driveway too .

Old 08-21-2012, 06:22 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to cash.on.delivery

it has a 5.7????
Old 08-21-2012, 07:11 AM
Head Flunky

Yup , a 5.7L.............I hate to say Hemi having drove a real Hemi 426 back in the day of the Roadrunner..........orange of coarse.

Old 08-25-2012, 08:18 PM

Squid, I love the new Power Wagons. There is a black one and a burgandy one here at our local dealer and I really like the way they sit up. I would almost trade my 2011-Ram 2500 with 6.7L in for one if they had 6.7L's in them!!

Kevin
Old 08-25-2012, 10:58 PM

Default Sweeeet

New here Squid but you have already broke her in so easy does it, but that is what that Silver Beauty was built for. Enjoy the little luxury items, You are gonna love the electric seats this winter. LOL once bitten so to speak. and built in brake control oooh! Yeah. ENJOY jmkkofc God Bless
Links