6.7L  Cummins Forum

6.7L Cummins Forum

Go Back   6.7L Cummins Forum > Dodge Cummins Stuff > Cummins 6.7L Technical Service Bulletins and Recalls
Home Forums Photo Gallery Members List Calendar
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the 6.7L Cummins Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2007, 06:21 PM
Head Flunky

Default Dodge/Cummins 6.7L G30 Recall

Got my official G30 recall notice in the mail today that says the same thing as the attachment below. I had mine done last week and it took less then 15 minutes since I already had the software upgrade. If you have to have to also get the new software uploaded then figure a hour and don't forget to ask them to verify that the parts (oxygen sensor module) are on hand when you call to schedule your appointment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf g30 recall.pdf (93.4 KB, 139 views)

2007.5 Dodge Ram 3500 HD,QC, 6.7L Cummins, 6speed Auto, 4X4, Bighorn Edition.
Click for installs: Carr Steps PML Diff Cover Edge Juice with Attitude Volant Intake Hankook ATM RF10
Links
Old 12-14-2007, 07:33 PM

I have a 6.7 also and just got my notice a few weeks ago. The dealer had no parts [of course] and still hasn't called me back for a service date.
Have you found that your mileage has improved since the new sensor got installed and the ECM reflashed?
I have been getting around 11mpg [US gallons] and was expecting far higher, from what I had been told.
My previous truck was an H1 Hummer [heavier, less aerodynamic, similar sized engine, more aggressive tread pattern] and I got about the same mileage as I am getting now.
Is it just because I am in "break-in" mode or ?
Old 12-15-2007, 04:50 AM
Head Flunky

Howdy and welcome to the site. They reflashed the ECM the first week I bought the truck so I can't say if it helped or not but I can tell you that the oxygen sensor module didn't, I'm still getting around 15.5 MPG which is what I was getting before. Try to get in to have the ECM reflashed even if they don't have the parts because 11mpg dosen't sound right to me unless you're drag racing from stop light to stop light?

Click for installs: Carr Steps PML Diff Cover Edge Juice with Attitude Volant Intake Hankook ATM RF10
Old 12-15-2007, 05:31 PM

i installed the bullydog power pup on my 6.7 and seem to be getting great results.
i do beleive 2+ miles mpgs increase
a very notible power increase
Old 12-17-2007, 05:44 PM

I just received my G30 recall notice. My 6.7 is relative new and I'm seeing around 17 mpg. I'm driving for pleasure - not work. I'm waiting for 5000 miles before I take my truck in for its first service and G30 recall.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:09 AM

My last tank full, 535 miles and 30 gallon.
Right at 18 MPG.
Just had the G30 done yesterday so won't know for a while if it helped it or not.

http://www.frappr.com/iboats
"JUST KEEP ON, KEEPING ON"
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 02-08-2008, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

I had the G30 done a few weeks ago and there was an emediate difference in drivablity and fuel mileage. 2 days later the CEL went on and stayed on for 3 days and went out. The time the light was on the driveablity was poor and the fuel mileage went down about 2 MPG, Got back into the dealer for the CEL and found there was a second flash available for the fix (AV I think). It was for a thermostat error that would occur on the G30 (AU flash)
All is good now and the mileage is about 1.5 higher than before the recall and issues. I have averaged 13.8 over 9,000 miles (Hand calculated), about 25% have been towing the camper and most of the balance has been local daily driving and a few 500 mile trips. I LOVE this truck. The wife does too.
07.5 3500 Quad, SRW, 4X4, Laramie, Leathered, Dark Metallic Gray, 6.7, 68RFE, 20K Reese, Ride Rite's, 2 Viair air compressors, Bully steps, Kleinn Locomotive air horns (5 in all), Billet polished locking fuel door, 'A' pillar mount Auto Meter Pryo, PML X-deep trans pan
06 Durango 285 RL 5'er Lifted by KZ
Old 02-08-2008, 05:38 PM
Head Flunky

Well that explains the P0128 code I just got. Guess I'll have to tell my service advisor about this new flas. (I'm the only 6.7L around here right now.)

Old 02-12-2008, 11:09 PM

Default mileage?

I recently had a conversation with my stove oil delivery man, he saw my truck parked in the driveway and asked me about my mileage says he also drives a diesel pickup and his mileage went hell in a hand basket also , said it was only going to get worst, said he had just came back from a 4 day seminar and we could thank the epa for our bad mileage and they said what they are doing to the diesel fuel is what is causing our mileage to decrease, now yesterday i had somebody tell me that if i added one quart of 30 weight motor oil for every eighteen gal's of fuel that it would bring the fuel back up to the standards before they messed with the sulfur content. Does any body know if there is any truth to this and if so will the 6.7 have any problems with the added oil?
please help me i love my truck but sure is getting spendy to drive with high fuel prices and low mileage.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:56 AM
Super Moderator

The old Big Cam Cummins would take very kindly to the motor oil trick, Did it for years and it made a power difference esp. when they had a few 100K's on them and the weather was hot.
07.5 3500 Quad, SRW, 4X4, Laramie, Leathered, Dark Metallic Gray, 6.7, 68RFE, 20K Reese, Ride Rite's, 2 Viair air compressors, Bully steps, Kleinn Locomotive air horns (5 in all), Billet polished locking fuel door, 'A' pillar mount Auto Meter Pryo, PML X-deep trans pan
06 Durango 285 RL 5'er Lifted by KZ
Links