6.7L  Cummins Forum

6.7L Cummins Forum

Go Back   6.7L Cummins Forum > Cummins 6.7L OEM, Performance and Aftermarket Forums > Cummins 6.7L Turbo Diesel > Programmers and Chips
Home Forums Photo Gallery Members List Calendar
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the 6.7L Cummins Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2011, 08:39 PM

Default h&s tuner

thinking about buying xrt pro i tow most most of the time 5th wheel travel trailer 37ft around 13500 lbs. anyone running it with dpf present and egr turned off . what setting do most run. my first cummins had powerstrokes duramax duramax pretty bad with tuner on tow haul setting my cummins just turned over 3000 miles runs good but want a little more power to pass going up hills
Links
Old 07-20-2011, 09:51 PM
Head Flunky

I'm running the Edge with Attitude and after 110,000 miles I'm pretty happy with it. I know it's not the H&S but it's a way to bump the thread.

2007.5 Dodge Ram 3500 HD,QC, 6.7L Cummins, 6speed Auto, 4X4, Bighorn Edition.
Click for installs: Carr Steps PML Diff Cover Edge Juice with Attitude Volant Intake Hankook ATM RF10
Old 12-23-2011, 12:00 AM

I've got just over 80,000 miles on my 6.7 now. Last week done the DPF & Cat delete and installed an H&S Mini Max tuner, today just done the EGR delete and got rid of the CCV system also. I now have a much happier engine. If you have an auto box behind yours you will probably do fine. I know mine would just play with your trailer. But, now I have to replace my clutch because that sad excuse of a thing that Dodge calls a clutch has about as much holding power as a big slice of bologna! Not impressed, but coming soon to my truck is a South Bend dual disc ceramic. The OEM won't even hold a 60HP increase. I found that very disappointing. But after reading a lot on the forums I found that I am not alone with that problem. Sounded like many of them failed around 25,000 miles.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:22 PM

I am running the H&S Blackmaxx and I tow a fifth wheel full of 3 cords of almond hardwood (about 11,000 lbs with the trailer) over hwy 88 (which is a mountain road that goes from nevada to california) about 4 times a month. When I'm towing home with the wood from California I go from 100 ft above sea level to 8600 ft above sea level. When I make this trip I set the tuner to the "mild" setting (lowest above stock) and I never exceed 1200* egt's if I keep it in 3rd and 4th on the steep uphills. This tuner gives great gains in power that I need to keep my speed up on this mountain pass while keeping my egt's manageable. I have a 2008 6.7 with the 6-speed auto. The H&S is a must have if your towing.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:39 PM

Hi there,
I put in an Edge with Attitude ('08 - 2500). I have a Quad Cab, 8 ft box with a cap (400 lbs). I use setting 1 (Econo) for day to day and I am burning about 1.5 - 2.0 litres less per 100 Km (i.e. I am saving 1/2 gallon of fuel ever 60 miles). As for power...unbelievable! The Edge and that big Cummins is a match made for hauling heavy with power to spare. My friend has an 02 Chevy Silverado (6.6 l Duramax LB7). After driving my truck he bought an Edge. After he hooked it up his only response was "WOW". Apparently he was approaching a hill at 55 mph and figured he would add some speed to make it up the hill without the tranny dropping down. He had Program 3 set and he ended up slowly down before he got to the hill. He was climbing thru 100 mph before he got to the base of the hill and got scared. Before the Edge, his truck (Stock) would gear down out of overdrive on this same hill.
As for myself... well there is a guy driving a Maserati that is likely still trying to figure out how a big ol' pickup truck managed to stay with him from the green light to 70 mph...
Old 01-11-2012, 12:47 PM

BTW...I was in Program 4 (Not 5). I didn't lock up all four wheels and I had some 500 lbs of tools in the box at the time. I know that the Maserati is faster 0-60 (under 5 secs) than my truck (maybe under 7 secs) but it was a good example of just how much extra 'Juice' that can be had.
Links