6.7L  Cummins Forum

6.7L Cummins Forum

Go Back   6.7L Cummins Forum > Cummins 6.7L OEM, Performance and Aftermarket Forums > Wheels, Tires and Brakes
Home Forums Photo Gallery Members List Calendar
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the 6.7L Cummins Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2009, 11:49 PM
Head Flunky

Default Hankook DynaPro ATM RF10 Review with Pictures

I went ahead and ordered a couple of these for the front of my 3500 from Discount Tires Direct $328 for 2 with free shipping and they are being shipped directly to the installer which is pretty cool. I looked at the tirerack but they didn't have the RF10 and it would have cost me more to go with the OEM Generals since they would have charged me $50 shipping.

So I ordered them on Sunday and they were at the installer on Tuesday and I got them mounted and balanced on Wednesday for $48 including metal valve stems which are even shorter then the stock stems dag nabit! Wednesday night I drove them 136 miles and I like them. Quiet, ride great, corner as well or better then the Generals, and did I tell ya they ARE QUIET. Last night it rained so I went for a drive and hit every puddle I could and the handled the water like a champ.

I'll be ordering the other 4 with the big and most important tests to come. Towing, mud, snow, ice behavior and combinations of all 4.
Attached Thumbnails
hankook-dynapro-atm-rf10-review-pictures-001a.jpg   hankook-dynapro-atm-rf10-review-pictures-002a.jpg   hankook-dynapro-atm-rf10-review-pictures-004a.jpg   hankook-dynapro-atm-rf10-review-pictures-006a.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RF10.pdf (1.46 MB, 18 views)

2007.5 Dodge Ram 3500 HD,QC, 6.7L Cummins, 6speed Auto, 4X4, Bighorn Edition.
Click for installs: Carr Steps PML Diff Cover Edge Juice with Attitude Volant Intake Hankook ATM RF10

Last edited by Squid; 07-04-2009 at 11:07 AM..
Links
Old 06-29-2009, 09:44 AM

How many miles did you get out of the originals?
Old 06-29-2009, 11:26 AM
Head Flunky

I'm at 58,943 and I never rotated them. If I would have, I could have gotten over 100.000 miles out of them because the backs just don't seem to wear but I was dumb and lazy...........live and learn.

Click for installs: Carr Steps PML Diff Cover Edge Juice with Attitude Volant Intake Hankook ATM RF10
Old 07-04-2009, 10:41 AM
Head Flunky

Got them installed, see above.

Old 07-04-2009, 08:04 PM

I figured that you would be the last person to ever hit every puddle you can after your last experiance with water...
Sorry, I couldn't resist
Old 07-04-2009, 08:31 PM
Head Flunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKBliss View Post
I figured that you would be the last person to ever hit every puddle you can after your last experiance with water...
Sorry, I couldn't resist
I won't lie to you, even though I'm 99% sure that the oil soaked CCV Filter caused all the problems and the water crossing was just a coincidence there was a certain amount of pucker effect going on as I took the truck for another swim.

Old 02-02-2011, 08:28 PM

O.K., it's been about or over a year since your last post about these tires. Have you had any snow or ice since then? If so, how do they handle? Do they handle better or worse then the OEM ones?
Old 02-11-2011, 05:28 PM
Head Flunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGazer View Post
O.K., it's been about or over a year since your last post about these tires. Have you had any snow or ice since then? If so, how do they handle? Do they handle better or worse then the OEM ones?
Sorry Bud, I've been working really long hours.

I honestly can't tell you yay or nay about these tires since my front U-Joints were going out. They handled great in the snow, ice, heavy rain and mud but got noisy and starting wearing funny at 30,000 miles but I bet that was more about the U-joints then the tires so I'd need to try them again for an honest review.

Old 02-14-2011, 06:51 PM

No problem. I might need to replace mine sometime before I go to west Texas for spring break. Going to Big Bend State Park. The side walls (the black part) is flaking off cause the person who had the truck before me curbed them quite a bit. So now a lot of white is starting to show through. I park my truck w/ the curb on the drivers side to make sure I don't do further damage to damage that is already done. So as I drive the dark rubber slowly flakes off to expose the white underneath.

Passenger side tire

Last edited by StarGazer; 02-15-2011 at 09:53 PM..
Old 02-17-2011, 02:35 PM

Default Snow and Ice question

I have four of these tires on my 2500. I live in Colorado and drive on Ice and Snow quite frequently. While they are not quite as good a dedicated snow tires, they are very close. I have had BFG AllTerrains on a Jeep, and the stock tires that came on this truck (Rugged Terrain I think) and these are far better in the winter that any of those were. They are also excellent on the highway and for the limited off road driving I do. I would highly recommend them to anyone. A friend of mine just got them on her Jeep Grand Cherokee and loves them as well.
Links