6.7L  Cummins Forum

6.7L Cummins Forum

Go Back   6.7L Cummins Forum > Cummins 6.7L OEM, Performance and Aftermarket Forums > Suspension
Home Forums Photo Gallery Members List Calendar
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suspension Questions and Answers concerning both OEM and Aftermarket suspensions

Welcome to the 6.7L Cummins Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2011, 10:28 AM

Default New Shocks

I'm getting ready to get new shocks for my 08' 2500. I'm loaded alot of the times and also pull a gooseneck with up to 15k lbs. What shocks do y'all guys recommend? I have stock suspension with no lifts.

Thanks
Links
Old 12-16-2011, 09:41 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to mcclendon5

I replaced my shocks with Monroe Reflex on all 4 corners. Much stiffer ride then stock. But then again I also went from a 245/70/17 to a 265/70/17. I don't tow as heavy as you but I like the shock so far.

Patrick
Old 12-17-2011, 08:06 AM

I'm looking at the Bilstein 5100's. Thanks for your input.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:47 PM
Super Moderator

I went with Bilstein (yellow and blue) all the way around on my 3500 dually. Worked out great, empty or very heavy tow. Had one break but I do lots of 4x4 service at a ranch. The front are Bilstein w/firestone air bags integrated so provides lift when empty (have a post about it). Geno's has a good price and service. My stock shocks where shot the first year of having the truck, the current Bilstein are now going 2 years of service. Hope that helps.

'08 3500 HD Dually, SLT, 6.7L, 6 SPD Auto, 4.10 Axles, 4X4, Bighorn Edition
Installed: CAI, HitchCrafter Air 5th Wheel, Spyntec Dually Hubs, ATS Co-Pilot, Smarty, Edge Insight, 19.5 Wheels, FS-2500 ByPass Filter, 4 Fuel Filter Setup, Raptor Pump, BodyGuard Triple Side Steps

Old 12-18-2011, 09:35 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to mcclendon5

The bilsteins were my first choice also because of all the positive comments. They weren't available from the source that my mechanic was getting from so I went with the Monroes. Not disappointed at all. Good for what I do and couldn't beat the price. I will more then likely go with the Bilsteins at my next Tire purchase.

Patrick
Old 12-18-2011, 02:42 PM
Head Flunky

You just can't go wrong with Bilsteins.

2007.5 Dodge Ram 3500 HD,QC, 6.7L Cummins, 6speed Auto, 4X4, Bighorn Edition.
Click for installs: Carr Steps PML Diff Cover Edge Juice with Attitude Volant Intake Hankook ATM RF10
Links