6.7L  Cummins Forum

6.7L Cummins Forum

Go Back   6.7L Cummins Forum > Cummins 6.7L OEM, Performance and Aftermarket Forums > Electrical
Home Forums Photo Gallery Members List Calendar
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the 6.7L Cummins Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2009, 08:18 PM
Head Flunky

Default Dodge Ram Headlight Change

Since I drive predominately at night I'm constantly changing my headlights and I have to tell you I finally found something I don't like about this truck. First the light bulb is a combo high/low beam so once a year I'll have to shell out $50 dollars or more just because my low beam has burned out and the second thing is.....................well see below.

In order to change the headlight bulb on our trucks you will need the following.

10mm socket
Ratchet
Extension
Magnet
rubber mallet or appropriate striking tool
Light Bulb (Sylvania H13 XV)

Removal (Both Sides)
1: Open the hood and looking at the headlight straight on you will see two bolts (See Pic of headlight and ratchet) If you're by yourself just loosen these two bolts until just two or three threads are holding them in, this will keep the lens from hitting the ground when you do step 2.

2: Go around to the fender well and remove the rubber access boot. Inside you will see a nut. loosen this 10 mm nut and then remove it with the magnet if needed. (I had to)

Now this is where it gets fun. The manual says to just pull on the lens to remove it. Good Luck. So what I did was I took the extension, put the smallest socket I had on it. Inserted it in the access hole, on to the bolt and hit the extension with a rubber mallet to release the lens.

Install
After swapping the bulb I used the magnet to place the nut back on to the bolt in the access hole. Then replace the front two bolts and WA-La, Light!
Attached Thumbnails
dodge-ram-headlight-change-dash-008.jpg   dodge-ram-headlight-change-dash-004.jpg   dodge-ram-headlight-change-dash-005.jpg   dodge-ram-headlight-change-dash-006.jpg  

2007.5 Dodge Ram 3500 HD,QC, 6.7L Cummins, 6speed Auto, 4X4, Bighorn Edition.
Click for installs: Carr Steps PML Diff Cover Edge Juice with Attitude Volant Intake Hankook ATM RF10
Links
Old 02-16-2011, 05:50 PM
Head Flunky

Just changed my second set of Bulbs and it still pisses me off you can't do this in the parking lot of Walamrt but like in my case, buy the bulbs and show them to two or three police officers before I get home in the morning.................................SUCKS!

By the way, if you've ever wondered about the effectiveness of those fog lights I drove over 100 miles with the drivers side headlight out in dense fog and they really do work.

Click for installs: Carr Steps PML Diff Cover Edge Juice with Attitude Volant Intake Hankook ATM RF10
Old 02-18-2011, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid View Post
Just changed my second set of Bulbs and it still @#!*% me off you can't do this in the parking lot of Walamrt but like in my case, buy the bulbs and show them to two or three police officers before I get home in the morning.................................SUCKS!

By the way, if you've ever wondered about the effectiveness of those fog lights I drove over 100 miles with the drivers side headlight out in dense fog and they really do work.
Guess I'm a little slow, but why did you have to show your bulbs to the police?
Old 02-19-2011, 03:41 AM
Head Flunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGazer View Post
Guess I'm a little slow, but why did you have to show your bulbs to the police?
Because I was getting pulled over for having defective equipment and by showing them the bulbs they didn't write me a "Fix it" Ticket which then forces you to track down a police officer to sign off on it after you get it fixed so you don't have to pay a fine.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:39 PM

o.k. I see, I thought it was because your lights were too bright.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:42 PM

I have a 2011 and when the lights are on bright I can't see very well is there a better bulb I can buy?
Old 11-08-2011, 05:52 PM
Head Flunky

I like the Sylvania H13 XV.

Links