6.7L  Cummins Forum

6.7L Cummins Forum

Go Back   6.7L Cummins Forum > Cummins 6.7L OEM, Performance and Aftermarket Forums > Cummins 6.7L Turbo Diesel
Home Forums Photo Gallery Members List Calendar
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the 6.7L Cummins Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 09:25 PM

Default mods to a 6.7

hello everybody,
I'm new here and wanted to know what mods (if any) can i do to my truck and not void my warranty? i'd like to do a air intake kit, exhaust, and a programmer.thanks for the help and this is a great site
Links
Old 12-08-2009, 07:10 AM
Super Moderator

A CIA usually is a good 'bang for the buck', Filter back exhaust's? It already has a dang fine pipe and the way I understand it is the muffler really does not do much, sort of straight through any way. Gauges of some kind are helpful. I run just a pillar mount pyro on mine, others have the full compliment of gauges, Edge insight is good for this with a code reader and reset ability, sort of just depends on what you want to do and how much you want to spend. For me the emissions system will stay intact probably until way after the warranty is up. I feel (Me atleast) the power it makes is great, I have no real need for more, Want more? sure doesn't every one? Deep pans and covers are always a good investment. Good luck and read on. You will get the straight scoop here on this site.
07.5 3500 Quad, SRW, 4X4, Laramie, Leathered, Dark Metallic Gray, 6.7, 68RFE, 20K Reese, Ride Rite's, 2 Viair air compressors, Bully steps, Kleinn Locomotive air horns (5 in all), Billet polished locking fuel door, 'A' pillar mount Auto Meter Pryo, PML X-deep trans pan
06 Durango 285 RL 5'er Lifted by KZ
Old 12-08-2009, 04:30 PM

is the edge insight a programmer? and if it is does it void the warranty? thanks for the help
Old 12-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorstang View Post
is the edge insight a programmer? and if it is does it void the warranty? thanks for the help
Edge insight is not a programmer and does not void warranty. If a dealer claims it does, they are full of BS and look at my post about the matter:

Dealer warranty issue today ...

Cheers,
Roberto

'08 3500 HD Dually, SLT, 6.7L, 6 SPD Auto, 4.10 Axles, 4X4, Bighorn Edition
Installed: CAI, HitchCrafter Air 5th Wheel, Spyntec Dually Hubs, ATS Co-Pilot, Smarty, Edge Insight, 19.5 Wheels, FS-2500 ByPass Filter, 4 Fuel Filter Setup, Raptor Pump, BodyGuard Triple Side Steps

Last edited by morbius; 12-09-2009 at 07:33 AM..
Old 07-02-2010, 05:10 PM

well in california anything that can read ur parameters, will void ur warranty. a pyro=void. anything that plugs into ur OBDII port is a void too. its very stupid and i dont agree with it but u can fight it. the only thing that wont void ur warranty in every other state other than cali is an intake. S&B makes a very good one and will cover damages due to the intake if the dealer wont. the S&B is not supposed to void ur warranty. it should come with a carb number if u live in the great state that says everything causes cancer (california)
Old 07-02-2010, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

cumminonya, no offense, but you are starting to sound like a dealer ! If claim as such, please state the references and proof. I am always for proof. ODBII port is not for local government and dealer use only, its a universal diagnostic port mandated for common uniform diagnostics. There is NO laws and/or claims that states you can not use it. There is no restrictions for diagnostics units to attach to it. This battle has been fought many times over and won in favor of the people. There are restrictions in changing maps in the ECU, dealers and/or Chrysler can void on that. You as the owner of the vehicle can deny right of usage of the port to anyone. According to this, any non-chrysler dealer using the port will void the warranty .....

BTW, modifying your air intake is a void pending your local dealer and/or Chrysler corporate office decision. There already have been warranty issues and claims denied because of this. Do not trust what you read in the magazines.

Installed: CAI, HitchCrafter Air 5th Wheel, Spyntec Dually Hubs, ATS Co-Pilot, Smarty, Edge Insight, 19.5 Wheels, FS-2500 ByPass Filter, 4 Fuel Filter Setup, Raptor Pump, BodyGuard Triple Side Steps

Old 12-05-2010, 11:45 AM

Mother mopar can find any device that modifies the ECM or adjusts the engine. Way to many parameters are monitored. Wheather be it an edge products, smarty, H&S or anybody elses stuff.

If you go in for warranty, please put the truck back to stock, everything. Do not leave the programer in or CAI on. Everything stock as it was off the show room floor. Chances are they will not check to much if there isn't a reason to check, but there are flags.

Most dealers service shops are filled with guys that aren't diesel guys, most just are part changers and don't care about diesels.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:53 PM
Head Flunky

The advice I always give people is if you aren't willing to be your own warranty then maybe you shouldn't mess with your vehicle. There are State and Federal Laws that protect you if you install aftermarket parts but unfortunately you still have to foot the bill for the Lawyer.

2007.5 Dodge Ram 3500 HD,QC, 6.7L Cummins, 6speed Auto, 4X4, Bighorn Edition.
Click for installs: Carr Steps PML Diff Cover Edge Juice with Attitude Volant Intake Hankook ATM RF10
Old 12-10-2010, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid View Post
The advice I always give people is if you aren't willing to be your own warranty then maybe you shouldn't mess with your vehicle. There are State and Federal Laws that protect you if you install aftermarket parts but unfortunately you still have to foot the bill for the Lawyer.
Very good advice, just don't be scared of the truck. We all make mistakes, but thats how you learn to do things right. Lucky for us, the dodge truck is well designed and is simple to work. Ya it has its quirks, but so does everyone other brand.

As for warranty, I never had good luck with it. Even bone stock trucks, they make you pay for something, and make you feel like its your fault.

I rather fix my own stuff, at least then its fixed right.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Holmen View Post
As for warranty, I never had good luck with it. Even bone stock trucks, they make you pay for something, and make you feel like its your fault.
Man oh man, I have had that problem a lot also, reason I went back to doing my own work also.

Links