6.7L  Cummins Forum

6.7L Cummins Forum

Go Back   6.7L Cummins Forum > Site Business > New Member Area
Home Forums Photo Gallery Members List Calendar
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New Member Area This is a great place to start, let us know who you are and we'll show you how to do things like post pics, start a thread, etc

Welcome to the 6.7L Cummins Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2007, 07:27 PM
Head Flunky

Default How to start a Thread

Just go to a relevant forum and click on it and then when it opens at the top of the list of available threads you should see this click on that, put in your Title, then your info or question. If you have pictures you want to add you can either use this if you have a URL for the image from the photo gallery or another website. (You can find the URL of a image by right clicking the image, select properties and then copy the Address URL Information and then pasting it in the window that opens by clicking the )

(If the image is on your computer you can click on Manage Attachments and then when the window opens click on browse, find the picture you want to upload, double click it and when the address is in the address window click Upload.)

and when you're done click submit reply. If this doesn't work let me or a Moderator know and we'll try to figure out why.

Good luck and feel free to post anything that you think others may find interesting. I for one have many other interest besides just trucks so It doesn't always have to always be Dodge/Cummins related.

2007.5 Dodge Ram 3500 HD,QC, 6.7L Cummins, 6speed Auto, 4X4, Bighorn Edition.
Click for installs: Carr Steps PML Diff Cover Edge Juice with Attitude Volant Intake Hankook ATM RF10
Links
Old 02-19-2010, 10:58 AM

Hello everyone i'm new 2 this. I'll do more reading than posting until i learn
Old 02-20-2010, 08:39 PM
Head Flunky

Howdy swamprat and the best way to get the hang of it is to just do it! Great to have you here!

2007.5 Dodge Ram 3500 HD,QC, 6.7L Cummins, 6speed Auto, 4X4, Bighorn Edition.
Click for installs: Carr Steps PML Diff Cover Edge Juice with Attitude Volant Intake Hankook ATM RF10
Old 07-04-2010, 09:40 AM

Default newby

Hi, happy 4th of July to all. I'm looking forward to being apart of this forum. I tow a 29 ft. fithwheel with a 2005 Dodge Quad Cab, 5.9, auto tranny.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:05 AM

OK, new here and need help,,just bought a 2008 Dodge mega cab 6.7l and now they are telling me that I need to do emissions cleaning,,dealership wants 1200.00 to clean the egr valve and change the crankcase filter. I bought the truck used about 4 months ago from the dealership,,no one warned me of this. Love my truck but was ignorant of all this emissions stuff. Have been doing some reading and think I can handle changing the crankcase filter myself,,however I do not want to purchase it from the dealership if I can help it as I am a bit pissed with them. Also can anyone give me a heads up on what it would take to clean the EGR valve???? Any imput or advice would be greatly appreciated,,,,apparently I'm more diesel ignorant than I thought as I had no idea of the emissions maintenance on this vehicle!
Old 09-19-2010, 02:10 PM

Welcome, Geno's garage seems to be the place to get your supplies. Squid did a write up on the CCV filter that I think will help you greatly. I have not done the EGR yet but I think someone on here has, i'm sure they can help. sorry about the dealership, I think we have all had some problems with them. good luck,
Old 09-19-2010, 05:35 PM

Thanks James, I did order the CCV filter from Geno's yesterday, should have it by wednesday. I'm pretty sure I will have no problem changing it out. Changed the air filter and did an oil change today. I just really need to get that EGR valve cleaned. I don't think the dealership meant to be an ass,,just the guy I dealt with was. I do thank you for your help and if you have any other tips about maintaining this truck clue me in please.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septemberdawn View Post
Thanks James, I did order the CCV filter from Geno's yesterday, should have it by wednesday. I'm pretty sure I will have no problem changing it out. Changed the air filter and did an oil change today. I just really need to get that EGR valve cleaned. I don't think the dealership meant to be an ass,,just the guy I dealt with was. I do thank you for your help and if you have any other tips about maintaining this truck clue me in please.
Dawn,
By your post - I'm going to assume you had 2 warnings MIL light is on ? And overhead console has service reminder?

I recently had to deal with both issues on my 2007. I changed the filter myself (I bought it at my local Cummins dealer) Easy to replace it !
It was tough to get the procedure to clear the Service reminder - When I got it - I wrote it down in my owners manual.

Cummins Filter is part # CV52001 - I paid $51.87 for it here.

TO clear the reminder;
1 - turn key to RUN (Do not start engine)
2- Press and release brake pedal 2 times.
3 - Fully cycle accelerator pedal 2 times within 10 seconds
4 - Turn ignition off - Reminder should clear.

If it doesn't work 1st time - try it again.

Now for the MIL warning light.

I have a OBDII handset -> http://www.amazon.com/Actron-CP9180-.../dp/B000KG8KB0

It read the faults I had and did state Turbo Boost problem - mechanical. Fault # P2262 = Soot builds up and restricts Turbo from operating properly. I've read if you drive easy and do not use exh brake this is a common problem.

With the help of this forum and a few others. I did the following things and it seems to have mine cleared up for now;

1 - Unplug electrical connector to EGR Valve.
2 - Get out onto hwy with Exhaust brake on.
3 - Drive truck in 4th gear up to 70 MPH for about 2 miles.
4 - Stop in a safe location - Plug EGR back in.
I drove normal with Exh brake on (Should be used evertime you drive regardless)

I then had to plug in the OBDII handset - clear my fault codes.

Now my truck has all warnings off and operates fine.

I understand there is a device you can mount in the cab to moniture codes and clear them - But I haven't done that yet. If you want to leave the truck stock - the handset may be the best option - it plugs in just under the dash in front of the brake pedal.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:36 AM

The Edge insight is great for clearing codes. If you did not know, you can find out what codes you have by turning your key on and off 3 times leaving it on the 3rd time. Turn the key fast, I found doing it slow did not work. Any codes will be will be displayed where your miles are displayed.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:14 PM

Hi I am new to this sight. I will brose a while before I post.
Links