6.7L  Cummins Forum

6.7L Cummins Forum

Go Back   6.7L Cummins Forum > Site Business > New Member Area
Home Forums Photo Gallery Members List Calendar
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New Member Area This is a great place to start, let us know who you are and we'll show you how to do things like post pics, start a thread, etc

Welcome to the 6.7L Cummins Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2017, 10:14 AM

Default 2012 Ram 3500 issues

Hello Cummins 6.7 people. I am the almost proud owner of a, used, 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 with 126,000 miles which is having a bunch of problems since I took ownership of it. I traded a 2002 Ram 3500 4x4 dully for it that never gave me a minutes problem in the 246,000 miles I owned it and I am starting to think I made a huge mistake by trading. So far, the check engine light will not go off, but I cannot get a code reading on it, the front end wobbles every time I hit a bump, the thing will just shut down at the most inopportune times and it will not start back up and it will not stay in 4 wheel drive when I engage it. What is up with this truck? The dealer is not very responsive because I did not by the extended warranty when I bought the truck so I have reverted to using another garage to help sort some of these things out. Any Suggestions?

Last edited by mpatterson; 08-09-2017 at 10:16 AM.. Reason: had incorrect information
Old 08-14-2017, 05:39 PM

tie rods are shot along with the stabilizer bar on the steering might as well do ball joints all that vibration will wear those out plus that can contribute to the wobble, check all wiring battery cables every thing to see if something came loose and shuts you down as for the 4wd if its a transfer case get an after market reman, i did from my dealer and it was $1200 installed, that is stupid cheap.
2008 Ram 2500 6.7, 68RFE, 3.55 Rear, dpf/egr delete, H&S Tuner 175 tune W/Overdrive, AFE 4" exhaust, Quadzilla Scout II Monitor, s366, steed speed manifold
2002 Ram 1500 5.9L GAS

EPA (Economy Poisoning Agency)