6.7L  Cummins Forum

6.7L Cummins Forum

Go Back   6.7L Cummins Forum > Dodge Cummins Stuff > Ram/Cummins Maintenance and Modification Tools
Home Forums Photo Gallery Members List Calendar
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ram/Cummins Maintenance and Modification Tools Put info to help people mod and work on their trucks. Calculators, Suppliers, Cool Web sites, etc

Welcome to the 6.7L Cummins Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2018, 05:04 PM

Default turbo cleaning

Hey men! I just called my local service department to get a price on the turbo cleaning service $530!!!! Can buy the tool for that price smh!! Anyone have any experience getting this service done and your cost? I might just buy one and see f ppl in my area would throw me a few bucks to do theirs. Anyone in the mass area? Lol
Links
Old 04-24-2018, 08:25 PM

I am surprised no one replied haha! anyway I went to clean the turbo the way I described but I couldn't get the elbow off with out removing the turbo so I decided to just remove the turbo. the plan being to remove the exhaust housing clean everything and slap it back together. Wishfull thinking!

I got the exhaust housing off and cleaned everything. before I put the exhaust side back on I plugged the actuator into the truck to see it move the nozzle and make sure it was actuating. well doing that made the nozzle extend out from the turbo. when I went to put the exhaust side of the turbo back on, the nozzle wouldn't slide into the exhaust housing. come to find out, it wasn't that the vanes on the nozzle were dirty they were actually bent. I did end up taking the actuator off, I just marked the gear on the turbo with a permanent marker in the position it was in last when I unplugged it, which was just fully extended. ordered a new nozzle put it in and put the turbo back together voila after driving the truck 3 times no more codes all cleared up. that nozzle cost me 225 on ebay. better than paying 1350 or whatever for a new turbo Im really pumped I was able to fix this thing without bringing it to a dealer cost me $225 and about 10 hours of work. If anyone has this problem and would like my opinion shoot me a pm id be happy to give my input. I am not a mechanic but I got experience doing this now and if I can help I will.
Links