6.7L  Cummins Forum

6.7L Cummins Forum

Go Back   6.7L Cummins Forum > Dodge Cummins Stuff > Ram/Cummins Maintenance and Modification Tools
Home Forums Photo Gallery Members List Calendar
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ram/Cummins Maintenance and Modification Tools Put info to help people mod and work on their trucks. Calculators, Suppliers, Cool Web sites, etc

Welcome to the 6.7L Cummins Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 10:21 AM

Default tuners being outlawed?

Ive come across a few threads here and there and they say diesel tuners cant be sold if they allow the emissions to be removed anybody have a trustworthy source on this or a government website with this info this just cant be true tuners that do this specifically say off road use only when they sell it theyve been saying this for years on performance parts i cant see how they could do that

EPA (Economy Poisoning Agency)
Links
Old 12-01-2012, 12:14 PM

My buddy tried to order a tuner with cat and dpf delete program in it from Thoroughbred diesel the guy told him the epa has banned production of tuners for diesels that alter the emmisions of the truck. They are selling what they have left.then that's it.google the same question why is epa banning diesel tuners that alter emmisions. I did and found a bunch of info to confirm it..it sucks thanks to our fine socalled president.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:15 PM

Smarty delete tuners were sold out all they had was 100 or so h and s tuners.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:02 AM

Buying or a having a tuner might be like investing in gold. Thanks EPA...If you check out the H and S site they are not selling tuners currently.

Just bought a H and S Miini Max and the price was $900. The prices are going up daily.

I think the EPA has a bunch more great regulations coming down the road. Just recently Obama mandated by Federal law was suppose to release any new EPA regulations and their effect on commerce but just like Federal law Mandating that the Congress must pass a budget it is ignored.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:40 PM

I guess this is what happens when the oil company pays for his wage..Any person with half a brain knows that to burn more fuel to meet emitions is being off set by the refinerys emition output. Not to mention the field production with all those natural gas engins working harder to pump more oil...

I wonder if u buy a tuner if they would email u the programing update to make it a dpf delete tuner because they wouldnt be selling a illegal tunner and emails are private?? just a thought.

2012 laramie 6.7 125000km H&S xrt pro set economy , afe hd momentum CAI 19-22mpg:
Old 12-04-2012, 10:30 AM

H and S said it would continue to support their products. Also on other forums folks are sharing updates and information for the tuners.

I think this is only the beginning of things to come more and more intrusive government you get what you vote for.....
Old 12-05-2012, 09:14 AM

thanks guys, epa gotta love it when are lazy americans gonna get up and fight back people need to open there eyes

Old 12-07-2012, 06:14 PM
Head Flunky

I find it amusing when I drive around large cities and see all the yellow diesel equipment belching out black smoke to repair, pave and maintain the roads.

2007.5 Dodge Ram 3500 HD,QC, 6.7L Cummins, 6speed Auto, 4X4, Bighorn Edition.
Click for installs: Carr Steps PML Diff Cover Edge Juice with Attitude Volant Intake Hankook ATM RF10
Old 12-07-2012, 07:58 PM

It is humorous I work for the city in steamboatsprings and our brand new 928 cat loader equipped with dpf smokes like a chimney.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:21 AM

Turn up the fuel make it a freight train

Links