6.7L  Cummins Forum

6.7L Cummins Forum

Go Back   6.7L Cummins Forum > Dodge Cummins Stuff > General Cummins Powered Ram Information
Home Forums Photo Gallery Members List Calendar
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Cummins Powered Ram Information General Questions, Observations , and Thoughts on the Cummins Powered Ram.

Welcome to the 6.7L Cummins Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2009, 05:42 PM

Default Perform service indicator - reset

I just found this on my service CD.
I know we have talked about resetting oil changes and air filter service with the 3 pushes on the gas pedal but this is different. If this has been brought up before I apologize for wasting your time.

Perform Service Indicator
Your vehicle will require emissions maintenance at a set interval. To help remind you when this maintenance is due, the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) will display “Perform Service”. When the “Perform Service” message is displayed on the EVIC it is necessary to have the emissions maintenance performed. Emissions maintenance includes replacing the Closed Crankcase Ventilation (CCV) filter element, cleaning or replacement of the EGR Cooler, and cleaning or replacement of the EGR Valve.

See your local authorized dealer to have the “Perform Service” message cleared and reset.

PERFORM SERVICE INDICATOR - RESET

The “Perform Service” message will display on the EVIC each time you turn the ignition switch to the ON/RUN position to indicate a emission maintenance is required. To reset the “Perform Service” indicator system (after performing the scheduled maintenance) refer to the following procedure:

1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (Do not start engine).
2. Press and release the brake pedal two times.
3. Fully depress the accelerator pedal slowly two times within 10 seconds.
4. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF/LOCK position.
NOTE: If the indicator message illumination when you start the vehicle, the “Perform Service” indicator did not reset. If necessary repeat this procedure.
Links
Old 11-04-2009, 08:47 PM
Head Flunky

Ya know I still haven't watched that CD, LOL

2007.5 Dodge Ram 3500 HD,QC, 6.7L Cummins, 6speed Auto, 4X4, Bighorn Edition.
Click for installs: Carr Steps PML Diff Cover Edge Juice with Attitude Volant Intake Hankook ATM RF10
Old 11-04-2009, 09:10 PM

No, not the CD one from Dodge. It was from the one I bought like yours; the service manual.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:28 PM

Default Still Confused

I have been trying this method with no luck. I have tried this about ten times. I have gotten the oil change message to reset before with the gas pedal method. My truck keeps reading "Service Required" then flashes "see Dealer Now". Is this the same as Perform Service? I replaced the CCV filter, the old one was pretty dirty. I have been unable to get this message to go away though. I called the dealer and of course they said I had to bring it in for the good ol' $95 "diagnostic" fee and they would reset it. Anyone out there have a service manual or have encountered this problem before?
Thanks,
Old 01-23-2011, 12:37 AM
Head Flunky

1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (Do not start engine).
2. Press and release the brake pedal two times.
3. Fully depress the accelerator pedal slowly two times within 10 seconds.
4. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF/LOCK position.

Make sure you're pushing the correct pedal and the Perform Service Message will be reset..

2007.5 Dodge Ram 3500 HD,QC, 6.7L Cummins, 6speed Auto, 4X4, Bighorn Edition.
Click for installs: Carr Steps PML Diff Cover Edge Juice with Attitude Volant Intake Hankook ATM RF10
Old 06-04-2011, 01:54 PM

The brake and gas pedal method WILL NOT reset the "Service Required: See Dealer Now" message. ZKING, my suggestion is to check all the forums you can and you will find several different suggestions offered by people who say they have gotten this message to reset. It is not the same message as "Perform Service" like some people insist. Unfortunately, I have had no luck in getting mine to reset. Still searching for the answer and will definately shout it to the world when I find it.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:55 PM

Incidentally, do you have a tuner or DPF delete?
Old 06-06-2011, 08:40 PM

No, I don't.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

Just like clockwork, 67,500 mile the 'Service required' light went on this morning, has anyone actually got the indicator to reset using jamespi or Squids method? I am going to try it this afternoon to see.
07.5 3500 Quad, SRW, 4X4, Laramie, Leathered, Dark Metallic Gray, 6.7, 68RFE, 20K Reese, Ride Rite's, 2 Viair air compressors, Bully steps, Kleinn Locomotive air horns (5 in all), Billet polished locking fuel door, 'A' pillar mount Auto Meter Pryo, PML X-deep trans pan
06 Durango 285 RL 5'er Lifted by KZ
Old 06-08-2011, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator

Done, Open door, close door, turn key ON brake pedal depress 2 times, accelerator pedal depress fully 2 times, key OFF, open door, chime and reminder OFF. Thanks guys!!
07.5 3500 Quad, SRW, 4X4, Laramie, Leathered, Dark Metallic Gray, 6.7, 68RFE, 20K Reese, Ride Rite's, 2 Viair air compressors, Bully steps, Kleinn Locomotive air horns (5 in all), Billet polished locking fuel door, 'A' pillar mount Auto Meter Pryo, PML X-deep trans pan
06 Durango 285 RL 5'er Lifted by KZ
Links

« fuel mileage | - »